Cosmetic Dentistry in Littleton, CO
Why choose a Cosmetic Dentist?
People choose Cosmetic dental procedures/surgery for various reasons-to repair a defect such as a malformed bite or crooked teeth, treat an injury, or just improve their overall appearance. Whatever the reason, the ultimate goal is to restore a beautiful smile.
For these and many other reasons, cosmetic dentistry has become a vital and important part of the dental profession.
Common Cosmetic dentist procedures can be performed to correct misshaped, discolored, chipped or missing teeth. They also can be used to change the overall shape of teeth-from teeth that are too long or short, have gaps, or simply need to be reshaped.
You should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist if you have teeth that are:
- Heavily stained from smoking, coffee or medication use
- Broken or damaged from trauma or injury
- Crooked or poorly aligned from genetics
- Badly shaped or uneven from age-related wear
- Gapped or spaced apart from genetics
- Cracked or chipped from overuse
Some of the more common cosmetic dentistry procedures involve:
- Bonding - A procedure in which tooth-colored material is used to close gaps or change tooth color.
- Contouring and reshaping - A procedure that straightens crooked, chipped, cracked or overlapping teeth.
- Veneers - A procedure in which ultra-thin coatings are placed over the front teeth. Veneers can change the color or shape of your teeth. For example, veneers have been used to correct unevenly spaced, crooked, chipped, oddly shaped or discolored teeth.
- Whitening and bleaching - As the term implies, whitening and bleaching, a rapidly increasing procedure, are used to make teeth whiter.
These are just some of the procedures available in cosmetic dentistry. You owe it to yourself to visit a cosmetic dentist in Littleton and explore what can be done to improve your smile. After a full dental examination and x-rays, your cosmetic dentist can discuss your overall dental health and create a treatment plan to get you on your way to a great smile.